Istanbul, Turkey — A new mobile app called “No More Silence” has been launched in Turkey to help women victims of violence. The app, which is available in both Turkish and English, provides a safe and confidential space for women to report violence, seek help, and connect with resources.
The app has a number of features that make it a valuable tool for women who are experiencing violence. It includes a “hidden tab” that allows women to report violence without their partner or family knowing. The app also provides information about legal rights, shelters, and other resources. Additionally, the app has a chat function that allows women to connect with counselors and other support providers.
The “No More Silence” app was developed by the Turkish Women’s Studies Foundation (KADEM) in partnership with the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA). The app is part of a broader effort to raise awareness of violence against women and to provide support to survivors.
“We want to create a society where women can live free from violence,” said KADEM President Canan Barlas. “This app is a step towards that goal.”
The “No More Silence” app is available for free on the App Store and Google Play.
In addition to the app, there are a number of other resources available to women who are experiencing violence in Turkey. These include:
- The National Women’s Shelter Network: This network provides a list of shelters across Turkey where women can seek refuge.
- The Women’s and Children’s Support Center: This center provides legal, psychological, and social support to women and children who have experienced violence.
- The 24-Hour Domestic Violence Hotline: This hotline provides support and information to women who are experiencing violence.
If you or someone you know is experiencing violence, please reach out for help. There are resources available to you.
The launch of the “No More Silence” app has been welcomed by women’s rights advocates in Turkey. They say that the app is a valuable tool that can help to break the silence around violence against women.
“This app is a game-changer,” said Selin Kucuk, a women’s rights activist. “It will make it easier for women to report violence and get the help they need.”
The app has also been praised by the Turkish government. The Minister of Family and Social Services, Derya Yildirim, said that the app is a “positive step” in the fight against violence against women.
“We are committed to creating a society where women can live free from violence,” said Yildirim. “This app is a part of that commitment.”
The “No More Silence” app is a valuable tool that can help to break the silence around violence against women in Turkey. It is a step in the right direction, but there is still more work to be done. The Turkish government and society as a whole need to do more to address the root causes of violence against women.
Here are some of the things that can be done to address violence against women in Turkey:
- Raise awareness of the issue: The Turkish government and society need to raise awareness of the issue of violence against women. This can be done through education, public awareness campaigns, and other initiatives.
- Change attitudes: The Turkish government and society need to change attitudes towards women. This means challenging the stereotypes and prejudices that perpetuate violence against women.
- Provide support to survivors: The Turkish government and society need to provide support to survivors of violence. This includes providing access to shelters, counseling, and other services.
- Hold perpetrators accountable: The Turkish government needs to hold perpetrators of violence accountable. This means ensuring that they are punished for their crimes.
By taking these steps, the Turkish government and society can help to create a society where women can live free from violence.
The launch of the “No More Silence” app is a positive development in the fight against violence against women in Turkey. However, it is important to remember that this is just one tool in the toolbox. There is still much work to be done to address the root causes of violence against women and to create a society where women can live free from fear and harm.
One of the key challenges in addressing violence against women is the social stigma that often surrounds it. In many societies, women who speak out about violence are often blamed or shamed. This can make it difficult for women to come forward and seek help.
Another challenge is the lack of resources available to survivors of violence. In many countries, there are not enough shelters or counseling services to meet the needs of survivors. This can make it difficult for women to find the support they need to heal and rebuild their lives.
To address these challenges, it is important to raise awareness of the issue of violence against women and to challenge the social stigma that surrounds it. It is also important to invest in resources for survivors, such as shelters, counseling services, and legal aid.
The “No More Silence” app is a valuable tool that can help to raise awareness of violence against women and to connect survivors with resources. However, it is just one tool in the toolbox. By working together, we can create a society where women can live free from violence.
Here are some things that you can do to help:
- Talk to your friends and family about violence against women. Share your knowledge about the issue and challenge any negative stereotypes or attitudes.
- Support organizations that are working to end violence against women. Donate your time, money, or skills to help make a difference.
- Speak out against violence against women whenever you see it. Let people know that violence against women is never acceptable.
By taking these steps, we can help to create a world where all women are safe and respected.