Arm lift surgery, also known as brachioplasty, is a cosmetic procedure designed to reshape and contour the upper arms by removing excess skin and fat. This surgery is typically performed on individuals who have lost a significant amount of weight or who have excess skin and tissue in the upper arms due to aging.
During an arm lift procedure, the surgeon will make an incision on the underside of the arm, from the armpit to the elbow. Excess skin and fat are then removed, and the remaining skin is pulled tight to create a more toned and contoured appearance. The incision is then closed with sutures.
Arm lift surgery is typically performed under general anesthesia and takes about 2-3 hours to complete. Recovery time varies, but most patients can return to work and light activities within a week or two. Strenuous activities and heavy lifting should be avoided for several weeks following the procedure.
As with any surgery, arm lift surgery does carry some risks, including bleeding, infection, scarring, and nerve damage. It is important to discuss the risks and benefits of the procedure with a qualified surgeon before deciding whether it is right for you.
Arm Lift Surgery Prices in Turkey
The cost of arm lift surgery in Turkey can vary depending on several factors such as the location of the clinic, the experience of the surgeon, the extent of the procedure, and the facilities and services included in the package.
On average, the cost of arm lift surgery in Turkey ranges from $2,500 to $4,500 USD. This price includes the surgeon’s fee, anesthesia fee, operating room charges, medications, and follow-up visits.
It is important to note that the prices can vary widely depending on the specific clinic and surgeon you choose. It is recommended that you research several clinics and surgeons, compare prices and packages, and read reviews from previous patients before making a decision.
It is also important to consider the additional costs such as travel expenses, accommodations, and any additional medical treatments or tests that may be required before or after the procedure.
What is the Recovery Process After Arm Lift Surgery?
The recovery process after arm lift surgery can vary from person to person, but generally, it takes several weeks to several months to fully recover. Here are some things you can expect during the recovery process:
- Immediately after surgery: You will likely experience some pain, swelling, and bruising in the treated area. Your surgeon will prescribe pain medications and give you instructions on how to care for your incisions.
- First week after surgery: You will need to rest and avoid any strenuous activities. Your surgeon may recommend wearing a compression garment to help reduce swelling and promote healing.
- Second week after surgery: You may be able to return to light activities, but you should still avoid any heavy lifting or strenuous exercise.
- Four to six weeks after surgery: You may be able to resume normal activities, but you should still avoid any activities that put strain on your arms or involve lifting heavy weights.
- Six to eight weeks after surgery: Your incisions should be healed, and you may begin to see the final results of your arm lift surgery. However, it may take several more months for the swelling to fully subside and the scars to fade.
During the recovery process, it is important to follow your surgeon’s instructions carefully to ensure proper healing and minimize the risk of complications. You should also attend all follow-up appointments with your surgeon to monitor your progress and address any concerns you may have.