Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan attended the G20 summit in New Delhi, India on September 9-10, 2023. The summit was hosted by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Erdoğan met with other world leaders on the sidelines of the summit, including US President Joe Biden, Russian President Vladimir Putin, and Chinese President Xi Jinping. He also held a bilateral meeting with Modi.
In his speeches at the summit, Erdoğan called for cooperation to address global challenges, such as climate change, food security, and terrorism. He also stressed the importance of multilateralism and dialogue in resolving these challenges.
Erdoğan’s attendance at the G20 summit is seen as an important opportunity for Turkey to strengthen its ties with other major economies and to play a more active role in global affairs.
Here are some additional details about Erdoğan’s participation in the summit:
- Erdoğan met with Biden on the sidelines of the summit and discussed a range of issues, including the situation in Syria and the fight against terrorism.
- Erdoğan also met with Putin and discussed the war in Ukraine.
- Erdoğan met with Xi Jinping and discussed bilateral relations between Turkey and China.
- Erdoğan held a bilateral meeting with Modi and discussed ways to strengthen cooperation between Turkey and India.
- Erdoğan also attended a session on climate change and a session on food security.
Erdoğan’s participation in the G20 summit was seen as a success by Turkish officials. They believe that the summit helped to boost Turkey’s image as a regional power and a reliable partner in global affairs.